Strangers by Lara Zankoul
Two figures distancing themselves in creative and sometimes imperceivable ways to them.
Lara Zankoul, is an interdisciplinary artist based in Beirut, Lebanon.
Her work captures everyday human behavior and issues that occur within society through photographic media. The aim is to invite the viewers to come up with their own interpretation and understanding of the photographs and the stories behind them. Her signature work not only stands out in its conceptual identity, but also in its timelessness.
As a self-taught photographer, Zankoul’s work is heavily based on experimentation and world building within her photographs in order to create moments and craft them rather than just document them.
She has been featured in a number of exhibitions: locally, in group and solo exhibitions in Ayyam Gallery and Art Lounge, Beirut. On an international scale, she has been showcased in the Guy Hepner Gallery in New York and HEIST Gallery in London.
- Yayoi Kusama: Infinity
- Introducing ‘CON Art’ By Dan Alva
- The Tax Collection: 2018 Curatorial Residency
- Andy Warhol’s Campbell Soup Cans
- Damien Hirst Does Mickey Mouse
- Tim Bessell x Andy Warhol Surfboards
- Clairvoyance Exhibition
- Bruce Makowsky and the Art of Luxury
- Legendary Andy Warhol at Guy Hepner
- Roy Lichtenstein at Guy Hepner