Brand Dominated Universe by Ultravelvet
Brand Dominated Universe by Ultravelvet Collection touches upon society’s obsession with name brands.
Retail boutiques have become the cathedrals of the twenty first century, sprawling with faithful gracing the glowing halls with anticipation and in search of the salvation and satisfaction that another brand new luxury item or article of clothing may bring. No matter how many times a consumer will always come back for more, the appetite for material wealth growing more and more with every purchase. Fashion and luxury are synonymous with success and happiness and it is this fascination with the material that drew Brand Dominated Universe into being.
Los Angeles based artist Meredith Rose is the creator of the extraordinary Ultravelvet collection. Work is produced on 120mm film using a pinhole style camera from the 1960’s. The haunting complexity of these images, beautifully defaces society’s obsessions with a signature use of vivid color and pop art imagery detailed by hand. Meredith Rose draws in all viewers with the haunting complexity of these pieces. Meredith Rose beautifully defaces the signature mark of name brands such as Chanel, Fendi, Prada, and Louis Vuitton. The Ultravelvet Collection’s true style of vivid colors and pop art imagery is executed with splatter paint that was done by hand.
- Andy Warhol: Electric Chair Portfolio
- The Yosemite Suite by David Hockney
- Banksy: Early Prints
- Introducing Thomas Agrinier
- Blek Le Rat: The Artist is Present
- Introducing Julian Opie
- A Conversation with Vincent Chung
- Robert Mapplethorpe: Light and Dark
- Jonas Wood: Multiples of Three
- An Interview with James Joyce
- Yayoi Kusama: Infinity
- The Tax Collection: 2018 Curatorial Residency
- Andy Warhol’s Campbell Soup Cans
- Damien Hirst Does Mickey Mouse
- Tim Bessell x Andy Warhol Surfboards
- Clairvoyance Exhibition
- Bruce Makowsky and the Art of Luxury
- Legendary Andy Warhol at Guy Hepner
- Roy Lichtenstein at Guy Hepner