Beethoven by Andy Warhol
Beethoven by Andy Warhol
Ludwig van Beethoven has been regarded as one of the most famous composers of all time, so there is no surprise why Warhol decided to create a portfolio of Beethoven portraits. In one of the most iconic poses of the famous composer, Beethoven FS II.391 captures the sheer brilliance of the composer with the emphasis on the notes of his
sheet music, while also keeping the features of the portrait prominent.
The soft melody of Beethoven’s enchanting Sonata No.14 is captured across Beethoven’s face in the form of notes. The notes, like the melody, are drawn graceful as not to overshadow the man of the hour: Beethoven.
Warhol created this series in 1987, shortly before his death. What is so unique about this series is how it contradicts the common-held perception that Warhol’s subject matter was limited to movie stars and grocery store items. This portfolio of four screenprints, which features an image of Beethoven in different color variations, remains one of the most sought after prints of Warhol’s collection.
Andy Warhol’s Beethoven portfolio captures a Genius admiring another. Warhol captures Ludwig Van Beethoven like no one else. He transform this composer into a rockstar.
The portfolio consists of four screenprints on Lenox Museum Board and one Camouflage trial proof. Andy Warhol’s Beethoven portfolio was printed in 1987 by Rupert Jason Smith in New York and published by Hermann Wunsche, Bonn, Germany. Warhol’s Beethoven prints are among of his most desirable screen prints, for music and art lovers alike.
ints, for music and art lovers alike.
- Andy Warhol Flowers Portfolio
- Andy Warhol: Unpublished Prints
- The Ad Series by Andy Warhol
- Myths Series by Andy Warhol
- Decades of Diamond Dust: Warhol, Hirst, and Young
- Mao: The Complete Portfolio by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol : In A Flash
- Warhol: From Outsider to Influencer
- An Art History of Andy Warhol
- Campbell’s Soup Complete Portfolio I and II by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Mick Jagger Series
- Andy Warhol Endangered Species
- Marilyn Monroe Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Late Paintings by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol: From Beethoven to Jagger
- Love by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Cowboys and Indians
- Warhol: The Last Decade
- Presenting Marilyn Exhibition
- Andy Warhol’s Moonwalk, 1987
- Andy Warhol’s Ads Portfolio
- Andy Warhol Watercolors & Drawings Exhibit
- Andy Warhol Flower Paintings
- Andy Warhol A La Recherche Du Shoe Perdu
- Guy Hepner New York Now Open in Soho